WARNING: Bogus Request for Money with Subject My Ordeal (Urgent Help Needed) Thurston McCutchen

Thursday, April 26, 2012 TM

Hello All,

This week many of you may have received the following email, that is NOT from me:

Subject:  My Ordeal (Urgent Help Needed) Thurston McCutchen
To:  undisclosed recipients

Hello,

I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but it's because of the situation of things right now.

I'm stuck in Manila, Philippines ,I came down here for a short Vacation, then i was robbed, worse of it is that bags, cash and cards and my cell phone was stolen at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy experience for me, i need help flying back home, the authorities are not being 100% supportive but the good thing is i still have my passports and return tickets but currently having troubles paying off the hotel bills and also getting a cab to take me to the airport.

Please i need you to loan me ($1,650 ) will refund you as soon as i'm back home, i promise.

Thank You

Someone hacked my account and I am in the process of recovering it now.   THE EMAIL ABOVE IS NOT FROM ME.   DO NOT SEND MONEY.    PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.  SOON MY EMAIL WILL BE RECOVERED AND I WILL BE IN FULL CONTROL OF IT ONCE AGAIN.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Shalom to your home loved one,
Thurston